Dr. Jamil Ahmad
MD, FRCSC – Toronto, ON
Dr. Jamil Ahmad is the Director of Research and Education at the Plastic Surgery Clinic in Toronto. He provides a variety of services, but his area of expertise lies in aesthetic plastic surgery of the face, nose, breast, and body. Dr. Ahmad is renowned for his capacity to uphold the clinic's standard of excellence while delivering naturally beautiful results from cosmetic surgery.
About Dr. Jamil Ahmad
Dr. Ahmad earned his medical degree in Ireland from the Royal College of Surgeons. He went on to become one of Canada’s only cosmetic surgeons to complete his residency training at the world-renowned Department of Plastic Surgery at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. In addition, Dr. Ahmad completed a fellowship in breast reconstruction at the University of Toronto’s Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Dr. Ahmad received numerous accolades for his research and skills during his time in medical school and residency. Dr. Ahmad’s honors, as well as his active participation in current research and education in plastic surgery, have made him a valuable presenter at national and international cosmetic surgery gatherings. He presently serves on the board of directors for the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), one of the leading organizations for board-certified plastic surgeons who specialize in aesthetic plastic surgery. Dr. Ahmad is just the second Canadian to be appointed to the ASAPS Board of Directors in over 50 years, and he holds the coveted title of an ASAPS Traveling Professor. Furthermore, the ASAPS honored him with the Gaspar Anastasi prize for his work in facial anatomy and facelift surgery. Dr. Ahmad’s experience, accomplishments, and memberships attest to why he is a sought-after surgeon in Toronto.
- Medical Degree – Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland
- Plastic Surgery Residency – UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas
- Breast Reconstruction Fellowship – University of Toronto
Memberships & Organizations
- Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Specialist – Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- International Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Canadian Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Member-at-Large, Board of Directors – American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
- Parliamentarian, Board of Directors – Rhinoplasty Society Inc.
- Vice-Chair – ASAPS Annual Meeting Program Committee
- Co-Chair – Premier Global Hot Topics
- Director, Education Program in Aesthetic Plastic Surgery – Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Toronto
- Section Editor – Aesthetic Surgery Journal
- Plastic Surgeon and Director of Research and Education – The Plastic Surgery Clinic
Outside of the clinic, Dr. Ahmad works as an assistant professor at the University of Toronto Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, where he teaches plastic surgery residents and fellows. In the field of plastic surgery, he has authored more than 120 articles and chapters, including medical textbooks considered to be the definitive treatises on rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty surgery. Dr. Ahmad has significantly impacted the advancement and research in the field of plastic and reconstructive surgery during his career.
Dr. Ahmad’s accolades include:
• Evatt Memorial Medal – Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland
• Stoney Memorial Medal – Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland
• Barker Dissection Prize – Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland
• Silver Medal & First Prize in Physiology – Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland
• Resident Excellence in Research Award – University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas
• Gaspar Anastasi Award – American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
• Best Panel Moderator Award – Aesthetic Society
• William K. Lindsay Faculty Research Mentor Award – Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Toronto
• Chair’s Award – Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Toronto
View in Google Maps
The Plastic Surgery Clinic1421 Hurontario Toronto ON L5G 3H5
I had a Brazilian Butt Lift (fat transfer) exactly 2 months ago. I would highly recommend this clinic to anyone looking to have any type of cosmetic procedure. My experience was positive from start to finish. All the staff I have encountered over the past 5 months (receptionists, nurses, and Dr. Ahmad) have been very nice and professional.
Pros: great service, reasonable price, free consult, 2 clinic locations