Liposuction is one of the most common aesthetic surgical procedures around the world. This minimally invasive procedure subtly tones and reshapes your body, helping you deal with fat in your problem areas. As a result, the global liposuction market will likely grow at a 6.8% compound annual growth rate from 2022 to 2031.
Liposuction helps you achieve your ideal body. But it doesn’t stop there. Ultimately, nutrition and exercise significantly affect how well you maintain your results.
Keep reading to understand how you benefit from liposuction and what to do after getting liposuction to get the best results.
Table of Contents
Liposuction: What is it, and What are its Benefits?
Liposuction is an aesthetic surgery targeting fat that is difficult to eliminate through diet and exercise alone. People get it done on various body parts, including the abdomen, arms, backs, butt, hips, thighs, and more. However, it isn’t effective for cellulite, so it isn’t ideal for overweight patients who want to lose weight quickly.
Liposuction uses suction to remove stubborn fat cells. The results can be permanent if you strive for a healthy lifestyle. However, a bad diet and a sedentary way of living could make the remaining fat cells grow larger.
People with good skin elasticity are likely to experience the best results.
Remember: Liposuction removes unwanted fat but is not a permanent weight loss solution. It isn’t a type of treatment for obesity, either. Although the procedure helps you reach your ideal body aesthetics, you must work hard to maintain your figure.
Lipo Recovery Stages: What Can I Expect?
Cosmetic surgeons use various liposuction techniques depending on what works best for you. These are some of the most common techniques that they perform:
● Tumescent liposuction: It uses saline, local anesthetic, and epinephrine to suction out fat through small tubes safely
● Ultrasound-assisted liposuction: The cannula is energized with ultrasound vibrations to liquefy and suction out the fat
● Power-assisted liposuction: For this technique, surgeons use a mechanized system that moves rapidly, so it’s easier to pull out the fat
● Laser-assisted lipolysis: It transmits laser energy to melt the fat drained through small incisions. It’s less invasive than traditional liposuction
These are typically outpatient procedures, but your surgeon might recommend keeping you overnight for observation if necessary. The actual surgery could take one to two hours, depending on which area it targets.
Here’s an overview of the recovery process, so you know what to prepare for:
● Day 1 to 3: You might experience mild to moderate pain and soreness. Your surgeon will provide a pain medication prescription to ease your discomfort. Limit your movement and focus on resting so you can recover faster
● Week 1 to 3: The initial pain and soreness will start to subside. You can move around easier at this point, but put off heavy lifting and strenuous activities
● Week 3 to 5: You might notice normal bruising or swelling, which will subside soon. This is when you start seeing visible results of the procedure
● Week 6 and beyond: At this point, the bruising and swelling should be gone. You can finally stop wearing bandages and compression garments. You can gradually increase your activity to the average level. The final results will show.
Possible complications include bleeding, infection, numbness, skin discoloration, skin numbness, and skin surface irregularities. However, these are infrequent.
How Long After Liposuction Will I See Results?
The final results of liposuction won’t show immediately. Your body needs time to heal, so waiting up to one year before the procedure takes effect is expected. However, results vary, so you might be able to see dramatic improvement within 3 to 6 months.
This aesthetic procedure permanently removes fat cells, but this isn’t a guarantee that the fat won’t return. New fat cells can still form in the treated areas if you experience significant weight gain. Fat cells may also accumulate in untreated areas.
Get the best results after liposuction by consistently eating healthy and staying active.
How Can Your Diet Affect Liposuction Results?
Liposuction and tummy tuck are similar in that they address a targeted area. But the former goes beyond an aesthetic procedure that helps you be more confident in your body. In addition, it can motivate you to make a lifestyle change because you need to have a healthy diet to maintain the results of your liposuction.
Be mindful of what you eat to ensure long-lasting lipo results. Here are some reminders to improve your diet and nutrition:
● Erase the idea that a diet is a temporary solution to weight loss. It’s a lifestyle option. If you want to maintain the results of your liposuction procedure in the long run, you need to have a consistently healthy diet
● Stay away from added sugar, saturated fat, and processed food
● Include more fruits, vegetables, and whole grains in your meals
● Eating healthy isn’t enough. You should also be mindful of how much you eat
● Always stay hydrated. Water contributes to healthy cells and metabolism
What Physical Exercises Help Extend Lipo Results?
Physical activity doesn’t just keep your body healthy. It also ensures longer-lasting lipo effects. So if you want to reap those benefits for a long time, you need discipline.
There are many ways to stay physically active. It’s only a matter of exploring your options, choosing what works for you, and sticking with a fitness routine.
Jogging is arguably the most common exercise. If you don’t like running, try CrossFit training. If you don’t like high-intensity workouts, try yoga.
Actively make some efforts to remain physically active. This is one of the best ways to maintain the results of your procedure. Keep these exercise-related things in mind:
● Pushing yourself to visit the gym, lift weights, or run five miles a day when you’re not fully healed yet could harm your health. Avoid strenuous activity until your body has recovered. Listen to your body and ease back into exercise gradually
● Maintaining an active lifestyle doesn’t automatically mean having a gym membership. Regular walks, jogs, bike rides, and yoga sessions are enough. Strive for 30 to 60 minutes of physical activity at least five times weekly
● Resting is just as crucial as moving around. Your body will let you know whether you should take time to rest. Learn to observe and listen to it
Get Liposuction at a Price You Can Afford
The cost of liposuction procedures ranges from $4,000 to $10,000, depending on the size and number of areas you want to address. Your surgeon can give you a precise estimate.
Beautifi aims to make liposuction more accessible in Canada. For this reason, our team readily assists you in financially planning the cosmetic procedure. We provide $25,000+ financing with no money down or any prepayment penalties. Moreover, the payment terms are affordable and flexible.
Interested in liposuction but don’t know where to find a surgeon? Beautifi can help with that, too. Let us help you choose an experienced cosmetic surgeon near you.
Contact us for questions about our online application process and financing rates.