Plastic surgery has become increasingly popular recently, with Botox topping the popularity charts. Data from 2021 shows that there were, on average, approximately 18,000 search queries every month on Botox, while rhinoplasty, next in line, had some 10,000 search queries every month.
Search volume is not the same as actual procedures, though. While the numbers indicate many people are interested, the reality is that not many follow through. Finding dependable doctors and the average cost of a plastic surgery are some of the common hurdles .
Beautifi walks you through everything you need to know about plastic surgery financing, helping you make an informed decision.
Which Plastic Surgeries Cost The Most?
Botox, which is arguably the most famous type of cosmetic procedure in Canada, is relatively affordable. Flat rates range from $300 to $1,000, typically costing $10 to $15 per unit. Not all cosmetic procedures are affordable, though.
Here are some of the costliest types of plastic surgery:
- Body Lift: It minimizes cellulite, eliminates excess fat, and addresses saggy skin
- Facelift: It reduces the appearance of creases, sagging skin, and double chins
- Tummy Tuck: Abdominoplasty trims excess skin surrounding the belly
- Breast Reduction: It relieves back, neck, and shoulder pain caused by large breasts
- Rhinoplasty: Nose reshaping that alters the length, width, and symmetry of the nose
Keep in mind that the actual cost will depend on individual assessments.
Why Is Plastic Surgery Expensive?
How much money is plastic surgery going to hit your pocket for? Well, it largely depends on the procedure you will undergo.
But these procedures aren’t expensive just because plastic surgeons want them to be. Instead, three basic fees are taken into consideration:
- Surgical Fee: The surgeon determines their fee based on practice expenses and other costs involved in them becoming, being, and improving as a surgeon
- Anesthesia Fee: The anesthesiologist and the surgeon — sometimes with the facility’s input — will determine this fee ahead of the procedure. It will depend on the nature of the surgery and the type of anesthesia required.
- Materials and Facility Fee: This includes various factors, such as the materials, drugs, and equipment used during the surgery. The cost of nursing care and other additional fees for the specific cosmetic procedure also fall under this fee.
You may talk with your surgeon, anesthesiologist, or facility representative about the breakdown of these fees.
Does BC Medical Cover Plastic Surgery?
BC medical insurance covers some but not all types of plastic surgery. For example, your coverage can shoulder the cost of a nose job if you have a deviated septum, which prevents you from breathing correctly. It might also cover gender reassignment. Most cosmetic procedures, however, are not covered by health insurance.
BC residents can take advantage of the Medical Services Plan (MSP), the provincial health insurance program, to maintain positive health and well-being. But if you’re looking at plastic surgery and cosmetic procedures, it’s essential to know what is and isn’t covered by MSP benefits.
BC MSP covers required medical services performed by physicians, midwives, and dentists in a hospital. It includes medically required diagnostic services, orthodontic procedures, and eye examinations, depending on the beneficiary, chiropractic, massage therapy, physical therapy, and other supplementary benefits.
MSP doesn’t cover the following services and procedures:
- Cosmetic surgery and other procedures that are not medically required
- Most dental services, except those that fall under MSP benefits
- Routine eye examinations for BC residents between 19 and 64 years old
- Cost of eyeglasses, hearing aids, and other medical equipment
- Cost of prescription drugs
- Preventive medical services and screening tests
- Counselor and psychologist services
- Medical examinations and certificates for the following purposes:
- Driver’s license
- Life Insurance
- Recreational activities
- Sports activities
- School and university
The Government of BC has provided guidelines that you can check to determine whether your additional fees and charges are permitted. It also explains how you can report charges for unjustified extra billing.
What Plastic Surgery Procedures Can Be Financed?
Plastic surgery procedures are just as much for your mental well-being as they are for your physical well-being. They enhance your natural features, resulting in a boost of self-confidence.
Here are some of the procedures that are covered by Beautifi financing:
- Botox injections
- Breast augmentation
- Dental surgery
- Mommy makeover
- Tummy tuck
Contact our financing team if your desired procedure is not on this list.
Why Should You Consider Plastic Surgery Financing?
Because of the cost, many people put off their desired plastic surgery or cosmetic procedures. But why delay something that improves your physical and mental well-being if you can get sufficient financing?
Consider these reasons for getting alternative finance for your plastic surgery cost:
- Plastic surgery financing helps you get faster results because you no longer have to save up for large upfront costs.
- An experienced plastic surgery financing team can help you successfully navigate your way through your financial concerns. They can help you decide on the most suitable or practical option given your circumstances.
- If you get plastic surgery financing, you don’t have to worry whether your insurance provider covers the cosmetic procedure you want to get
- Plastic surgery financing companies like Beautifi allow you to pay them back through affordable and flexible payment plans that are aligned with your budget.
- Most financing companies can provide quick and easy approval if you have proof that you can pay them back consistently.
Regardless of how easy it might be to secure financing for your upcoming procedure, it’s still a financial decision. So, weigh all your options and get a professional medical opinion. You might also want to have a conversation with a loved one to help you determine whether you’re making an informed decision.
How Can Beautifi Help With Plastic Surgery Costs?
You must be discerning when choosing a plastic surgery lender to ensure a stress-free experience and the best results. You want a lender that offers convenient online services, transparency, flexibility, and no-prepayment penalties. You also want to check whether they have positive reviews to inspire your trust and confidence.
Beautifi truly understands that the average plastic surgery cost may not be viable for every individual. So, we make it simple and easy for you to afford the cosmetic procedure you want from your chosen physician or service provider. Take a quick look at how we work:
- 100% online application for your convenience
- Affordable payment options ranging from 6 months to 6 years
- A Fast and easy application process that can get approved in seconds
- No hidden extra fees or prepayment penalties that will shock you
- No down payment is required before you undergo a procedure
- $25,000+ financing available
Let us help you get your plastic surgery financing approved for any cosmetic procedure at a convenient date.
Get Started With Beautifi Today
Beautifi provides affordable payment options and flexible funding solutions so you can get the plastic surgery you deserve. The application process involves three quick and simple steps:
- Apply online
- Book your appointment
- Let us handle the rest
Apply now and get approved in minutes!