Dr. Wayne Carman
MSc, MD, FRCSC – Toronto, ON
Dr. Wayne Carman has been in private clinical practice for more than 25 years. He is the Director and founder of the Cosmetic Surgery Institute in midtown Toronto and is a member of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada in Plastic Surgery. Dr. Carman's extensive training in both reconstructive and aesthetic plastic surgery allows him to provide patients with a full range of facial and body contouring procedures.
About Dr. Wayne Carman
The majority of Dr. Carman’s schooling and training were completed at the University of Toronto. He earned his Bachelor of Science, Medical Training, Master of Science, and completed his postgraduate plastic surgery course. Following his studies at the University of Toronto, he passed the plastic surgery fellowship exams and went on to finish senior fellowships in Gothenburg, Sweden, and London, England. Dr. Carman finished off his training by traveling back to Toronto and working in the Sunnybrook Health Sciences Center’s Trauma Unit.
Dr. Carman thinks that each patient should have their needs and concerns addressed personally. He strongly believes that personalized treatment is the key to a successful cosmetic surgery procedure. Face-to-face consultations with a skilled plastic surgeon have tremendous value that online research cannot match. At each visit, Dr. Carman will learn about the unique goals and concerns of the patient in order to devise a strategy that will provide them the best result with minimal risk.
- Bachelor of Science – University of Toronto
- Master of Science – University of Toronto
- Medical Degree – University of Toronto
- Postgraduate Course in Plastic Surgery – University of Toronto
- Senior Fellowship Training in Gothenburg, Sweden & London, England
- Postgraduate Training in Trauma Unit – Sunnybrook Health Sciences Center
Memberships & Organizations
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada in Plastic Surgery
- Ontario Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons
- The Canadian Laser Aesthetic Surgery Society
- American Society of Plastic Surgery
- Canadian Medical Protective Association
- Ontario Medical Association
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery – Membership Committee
- Past President of the Canadian Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario – member Premises Inspection Committee
- Secretary-Treasurer of the Canadian Association for the Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities
Dr. Carman actively participates in a variety of professional organizations and plays a key role in the governance and development in his field of expertise. He previously held the position of Director of the Scarborough General Hospital Burn Unit, and he is currently the Chief of Plastic Surgery and an Active Staff Surgeon at The Scarborough Hospital. Additionally, Dr. Carman serves as the Aesthetic Surgery Journal’s international editor.
View in Google Maps
Dr. Carman Plastic Surgery325 Eglinton Avenue East Toronto ON M4P 1L7