Dr. Stephanie Power
MSc, MD, FRCSC – Toronto, ON
Dr. Stephanie Power is a leading, board-certified female plastic surgeon in Toronto. She offers a wide range of services, including mommy makeovers, face and neck lifts, and body contouring surgeries, all while bringing a feminine and fresh perspective. Dr. Power utilizes her understanding of the sensitive nature of cosmetic surgery and is attentive to her patient’s concerns to create a pleasant environment at her private practice, Power Plastic Surgery.
About Dr. Stephanie Power
Dr. Power earned her undergraduate degree with honors from Princeton University. She accomplished this while completing premedical classes and a Certificate in Musical Performance. Her experience as an Ivy League-trained flutist enabled her to apply her unique and technical talent to her plastic surgery skills and career. She then went on to earn her medical degree and plastic surgery residency at the University of Western Ontario. During her residency, Dr. Power obtained an MSc in Medical Biophysics and was the first plastic surgery resident to join the UWO Clinician Investigator Program.
After receiving her board certification in plastic surgery, she relocated to Toronto and undertook two fellowships in aesthetic surgery and trauma & reconstructive surgery at the University of Toronto. Following her training, Dr. Power opened her private practice, serving men and women while specializing in the female body and face aging. The best surgical results, in her opinion, are natural-looking and reflect the patient’s confidence.
- Bachelor of Arts in Music with Honors – University of Princeton
- Medical Degree – University of Western Ontario
- Plastic Surgery Residency – University of Western Ontario
- Master of Science in Medical Biophysics – University of Western Ontario
- Aesthetic Surgery Fellowship – University of Toronto
- Trauma & Reconstructive Fellowship – University of Toronto
Memberships & Organizations
- Board Certified Plastic Surgeon by Royal College of Surgeons of Canada
- Ontario Medical Association
Dr. Power has spoken at national and international conferences, including the Annual American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association and the Annual Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons. She has published in various medical journals, such as the Journal of Surgical Oncology and The Journal of Craniofacial Surgery. Additionally, Dr. Power has volunteered with a non-profit group that performs reconstructive face surgery on patients with cleft lip and palate as well as burn and hand surgery in underdeveloped countries. Her most recent mission was for Operation Smile in Inner Mongolia, China. Dr. Power is an outstanding surgeon who has won numerous awards for her work and research.
Dr. Power’s honors and accomplishments include:
- UWO Plastic Surgery Research Day, McFarlane Resident Research Award, Best Research Presentation, 2009, 2010, and 2012
- Physicians’ Services Incorporated Foundation Resident Research Award, 2011
- UWO Plastic Surgery Research Day, Best Basic Science Research Award, 2011
- UWO Department of Surgery Research Day, Best Research Paper Award, 2009 and 2010
- UWO Pediatrics Research Day, Best Clinical Paper, 2006 and 2010
- Paul Black Junior Investigator Award, American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association, Best Clinical Paper, 2006
- Dean’s Honor List, UWO Faculty of Medicine
View in Google Maps
Power Plastic Surgery199 Avenue Rd, 2nd floor Toronto ON M5R 2J3
I recently attended Dr. Stephanie Power’s office for a consultation regarding a minor surgical procedure. I was pleasantly surprised to find that Dr. Power was prepared to perform the surgery during this visit rather than reschedule and have me return at a later date. Nice to know that she considered my time as important as hers. We were done in about 15 minutes and the outcome is excellent. Thank you Dr. Power.
Dr. Power excised two steatocystomas for me. She is absolutely lovely and an excellent surgeon. I’m extremely happy with the cosmetic result. She was never rushed and patiently talked me through the procedure and the post-op care instructions. It is clear that she has the patient’s best interests in mind, as she talked me out of removing another steatocystoma as she did not feel that the lesion was prominent enough to warrant excision and a scar. Her attentiveness is reflected in how much she remembers about her conversations from prior appointments.
Most professional doctor
Dr. Power is definitely the most professional doctor I’ve ever had the pleasure of dealing with. She is kind, answered all my questions and explained the entire procedure. From the time the appointment was booked, her staff were courteous and professional. The appointments ran on schedule and she was so pleasant to deal with. She was not rushed, the offices were very tasteful and well decorated. I would highly recommend Dr. Power. It’s clear she takes pride in her work and in the patients’ results. Thank Dr. Power.