Dr. Rayisa Hontscharuk
MD, MSc, FRCSC – Toronto, ON
Dr. Rayisa Hontscharuk is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in plastic surgery. She is particularly interested in gender-confirming top surgery, auxiliary operations, and aesthetic plastic surgery of the face, breast, and body. Currently, Dr. Hontscharuk serves as a surgeon at DermEdge in Ontario, a facility dedicated to promoting healthy skin via outstanding patient care and cutting-edge research in a patient-centered setting.
About Dr. Rayisa Hontscharuk
Dr. Hontscharuk is a graduate of the University of Western Ontario Faculty of Medicine in London, Ontario. She earned her medical degree, then spent five years at the University of Toronto studying plastic, reconstructive, and aesthetic surgery under the guidance of Dr. Mitchell Brown. Dr. Hontscharuk subsequently finished two fellowships—one in gender confirmation surgery and the other in breast reconstruction and aesthetic surgery. Patients receiving care from Dr. Hontscharuk should anticipate receiving exceptional skin care in a pleasant environment.
- Bachelors in Physical Education and Health – University of Toronto
- Master of Science in Exercise Science – University of Toronto
- Medical Degree – University of Western Ontario Faculty of Medicine
- Plastic, Reconstructive, and Aesthetic Surgery Residency – University of Toronto
- Breast Reconstruction and Aesthetic Surgery Fellowship – Women’s College Hospital
- Gender Conformation Surgery Fellowship – Rush University Health Center (Chicago, IL)
Memberships & Organizations
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in Plastic Surgery
- Member of The World Professional Association for Transgender Health
Dr. Hontscharuk has presented at numerous national medical conferences and published many peer-reviewed journal papers, abstracts, book chapters, and commentaries. She visited Ukraine as a team member of a surgical mission run by the Canada Ukraine Foundation and Operation Rainbow when she was undergoing plastic surgery training. Dr. Hontscharuk worked with Ukrainian medical professionals on complex reconstructive surgeries for victims of the Euromaidan movement and Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Eastern Ukraine.