Dr. Ali Hazrati
MD, MSc, FRCSC, FACS – North York , ON
Dr. Ali Hazrati is a skilled general surgeon who specializes in bariatric surgery and the treatment of obesity. Dr. Hazrati practices out of the 6ix Sleeve Center in Toronto, Ontario, and strives to change people's lives by providing them with a healthier, happier lifestyle through gastric sleeve surgery. He is a caring and collaborative surgeon who provides the most comfortable and informative patient experience possible.
About Dr. Ali Hazrati
Dr. Hazrati earned his medical degree from Tehran Azad Medical University in Iran. He then finished the remainder of his study in Canada and the United States, completing a MSc in experimental surgery and a residency in general surgery at McGill University. Following his residency, Dr. Hazrati completed a fellowship in laparoscopic bariatric and upper GI surgery at the Ivy League institute, Stanford University.
Dr. Hazrati is passionate about bariatric surgery research, particularly minimally invasive revision surgery and outpatient sleeve gastrectomy. Dr. Hazrati is able to give patients high-quality information on the advantages of gastric sleeve surgery and the criteria for being a candidate due to his vast educational background and prior experience working in the healthcare sector. He ensures that he will be there for every patient throughout their surgery process, offering support and knowledge. Dr. Hazrati presently has privileges at Scarborough General Hospital and has been a part of the division of general surgery at Scarborough General since 2011.
- Medical Degree – Tehran Azad Medical University, Iran
- Master of Science, Experimental Surgery – McGill University
- General Surgery Residency – McGill University
- Fellowship in Laparoscopic Bariatric and Upper GI Surgery – Stanford University
Memberships & Organizations
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric surgery (ASMBS)
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)
- International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity (IFSO)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada (FRCSC)
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS)
Dr. Hazrati is multilingual, speaking English, Farsi, and French. He maintains good standing with the Ontario College of
Physicians and Surgeons and is a member of numerous national and international associations. Additionally, Dr. Hazrati
studies clinical results, revisions, and patient safety initiatives in weight-loss surgery. They consist of post-bariatric
surgery risk reduction and outcome assessment.
View in Google Maps
The 6ix Sleeve Center5734 Yonge St, Suite 300 North York ON M2M 4E7