About Rosacea & Redness Treatment
Rosacea and redness are common skin symptoms that affect the central face as well as the chest and back. While there is no known cause of rosacea, inflammation is generally triggered by an enlargement of blood vessels beneath the epidermis. Rosacea cannot be cured but the visible symptoms can be managed with the proper medical treatment. Laser technologies are used in the treatment of rosacea and redness by affecting the appropriate tissue types at the appropriate depths, encouraging the growth of new skin.
Commonly asked questions about Rosacea & Redness Treatment
Before undertaking any procedure, you will want to be confident in your knowledge. Find the details on Rosacea & Redness Treatment here.
1. What is rosacea & redness treatment?
Rosacea and redness treatment uses therapeutic laser technologies to treat the signs of rosacea, such as visible blood vessels or small, red bumps on the face. There are several treatment options available to alleviate symptoms and control flare-ups.
2. Am I a good candidate for rosacea & redness treatment?
Rosacea and redness treatment is designed for men and women who want to address redness and uneven skin textures. If you have rosacea or persistent red rashes and/or bumps that appear across the nose, checks, or forehead, you may be a good candidate for rosacea and redness treatment.
3. What are the common treatments for rosacea & redness?
- PhotoFacial IPL – IPL uses a combination of bipolar radio frequency (RF) and intense pulsed light (IPL) energy to remove damaged tissue that causes discoloration. This concentrated energy targets and fades brown spots, rosacea, redness, freckles, and visible vessels while also stimulating the natural collagen production process, resulting in healthy, uniformly toned, and textured skin.
- Laser Genesis – Laser Genesis is a non-invasive treatment that uses gentle heat to stimulate collagen growth and reduce redness in dilated capillaries. This helps to reduce overall redness, rosacea, flushing, and blushing, as well as facial veins and vessels and textural issues such as fine lines, mild acne scarring, and large pores. Laser Genesis produces smoother, plumper, more even-looking skin without causing thermal damage to the surrounding tissue.
- ND YAG Laser Treatments – This laser emits a highly concentrated beam of light in short bursts on the target areas. The skin absorbs the heat energy, promoting the growth of new skin through the body’s natural healing process. The laser efficiently removes the skin’s outer layers, allowing the body to regenerate new skin over the target areas.
4. What is the recovery like after rosacea & redness treatments?
There is usually no downtime with rosacea and redness treatments, but the skin may be hypersensitive and red afterward, similarly to a sunburn. Recovery time will also differ depending on the size and thickness of the treated area. Following treatment, patients may experience swelling, redder skin, and more prominent veins. These symptoms, however, are part of the body’s natural healing process and should go away within a week. It is also recommended that you avoid sun exposure, exfoliants, and hot baths for at least 24 hours, or until your skin heals. It is critical that you follow the instructions given to you by your healthcare provider.
5. When will I see results?
Patients will not see immediate results as rosacea and redness treatments are designed to stimulate the body’s natural healing process in order to repair rosacea-affected skin. The final result will be determined by the type of treatment, the area treated, and the number of sessions completed. Most patients see a gradual improvement in their complexion and a significant reduction in rosacea-related redness 4-8 weeks after their final laser treatment.
6. What are the risks of rosacea & redness treatment?
Treatments for rosacea and redness are relatively safe, but with any cosmetic treatment there are potential risks. Some of the risks and side effects include, but are not limited to:
- Bruising/ swelling
7. How much does rosacea & redness treatments cost in Canada?
The cost of treatment for rosacea and redness depends on the type of treatment received, the size of the treatment area, and the total number of treatment sessions. The cost of rosacea and redness treatments in Canada range between $400 to $1,300.