Dr. Scott Gmora
MD, FRCSC, FACS – Mississauga, ON
Dr. Gmora, founder of The Sleeve Clinic, is one of the highest rated double board-certified bariatric surgeons in Ontario. As a bariatric surgeon at St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton, the lead Bariatric Centre of Excellence (BCOE) in Ontario handling the highest volume and most complex cases of weight loss surgery in Canada, Dr. Gmora has performed thousands of advanced bariatric cases including sleeve, gastrectomy, gastric bypass, duodenal switch and complex revisional procedures.
About Dr. Scott Gmora
Dr. Gmora, who has had sleeve surgery himself, is known for his compassion, expertise and patient-centered approach to care. Dr. Gmora founded The Sleeve Clinic in response to an urgent need to care for patients who:
- Want the health benefits and weight loss relief sleeve surgery provides, but don’t qualify for coverage under OHIP or other insurance providers
- Deserve a perfectly constructed sleeve from surgical expertise only found at Bariatric Centres of Excellence
- Should be supported by an unparalleled, personalized aftercare program designed to sustain permanent weight loss
Diet optimism, misconceptions about sleeve surgery, and hopelessness, are three of the top reasons why people are reluctant to explore sleeve surgery. Dr. Gmora’s mission is to give patients the relief, “reset,” care and support they deserve. Learn more about The Sleeve Clinic and how Dr. Gmora can support you today.
- MD – Queen’s University
- General Surgery Residency – University of Calgary
- Critical Care Surgery Fellowship – University of Miami
- Minimally Invasive GI & Bariatric Surgery – Columbia University
- Associate Professor of Surgery – McMaster University
Memberships & Organizations
- The Canadian Association of Bariatric Physicians and Surgeons
- The American Board of Surgery
- Canadian Association of General Surgeons
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders
Dr. Gmora has an extensive background in bariatric surgery research and has published numerous research papers.
View in Google Maps
The Sleeve Clinic3660 Hurontario Street, Suite 303 Mississauga ON L5B 3C4
I have been planning the sleeve surgery for months. From the first time meeting Dr. Gomora I felt very safe, comfortable, and knew this was a great decision I was making for me. Dr. Gomora and his team have been wonderful. Very supportive, understanding, and always available to answer question or concerns. My surgery was sept 7. I’m feeling great and adjusting well day by day to my new life. I’d strongly recommend the sleeve clinic.
Dr. Gmora and the Sleeve Clinic team are seriously the best!! They have been here for me every step of the way. Since my surgery, my life has changed so much for the better. I am so thankful for this team. You guys truly are awesome at what you do.
Best decision I made
Easily one of the best decisions I have ever made! Dr Gmora and his team have been absolutely AMAZING! For the first time in my life I feel like I have all the tools and support to finally reach my goal and take control of my health. I highly recommend the Sleeve Clinic to anyone who is considering VSG. I am two weeks out, down 22 lbs. Already I feel more energy, I am sleeping better, I have less aches in my knees and I feel more positive about my body than I have in the past 14 years.
The whole experience I have felt supported, and informed– the steps are clearly laid out (I know exactly what to do and when), and I trust the whole team completely– they are always quick to respond to any questions I do have.
Dr Gmora and his team are the best of the BEST. From the first conversation I had with Dr G I felt understood, respected and most of all cared for, you can feel his genuine care for his patients (the whole team cares and it shows). This process has been an incredible experience and to anyone who is considering working with them my advice is, do it! You deserve to have an amazing surgeon and team to guide you, support you and cheer you on as you take control of your health — YOU deserve this