The Cellfina System is the only FDA-cleared minimally invasive procedure clinically proven to improve the appearance of cellulite for at least three years—the longest FDA-cleared duration for a cellulite treatment.
Commonly asked questions about Cellfina
Before undertaking any procedure, you will want to be confident in your knowledge. Find the details on Cellfina here.
1. What is Cellfina?
Cellulite dimpling on the buttocks and legs can be effectively treated with Cellfina. For up to three years, it has been shown to lessen the visibility of cellulite dimples.
2. Why is Cellfina done?
Cellfina is an FDA-approved nonsurgical, minimally invasive cellulite treatment. It has been shown to lessen the appearance of cellulite on the thighs and buttocks.
3. Who is a good candidate for Cellfina?
Although Cellfina is a minimally invasive nonsurgical technique, not everyone should undergo it. Good candidates for Cellfina include those who:
- are between 20-60 years old
- have a stable weight
- have minimal skin laxity, or looseness
- Have cellulite on their thighs or buttocks
4. How is Cellfina performed?
The Cellfina treatment process involves numerous steps.
A numbing solution will be injected into your skin after a skin marker is used to mark your dimples.
The Cellfina handheld device will be applied to each dimple, and the dimple will be broken up by a microneedle.
The dimples will be pulled up and into the device and will allow your skin to stabilize.
The device will release the dimple to the predetermined depth on your skin. After that, the doctor will move on to the next dimple. During the process, you might feel some suction and pressure, but there shouldn’t be any discomfort.
5. How long does the Cellfina procedure take?
Each person’s Cellfina process will take a various amount of time. For every 25 cellulite dimples that are treated, it will typically take an hour.
6. What is the recovery from Cellfina like?
Cellfina is a minimally invasive, nonsurgical process that doesn’t call for general anesthesia. The Cellfina technique entails a minimal amount of downtime.
After 24 to 48 hours, you can most likely drive home and resume your regular routines. After one to two weeks, you’ll likely be able to exercise. For the first week, you might need to wear compression clothing and stay out of the sun.
7. How long do the results last?
The results of the Cellfina procedure last up to three years.
8. Are there things I should avoid after my procedure?
Although Cellfina is a non-invasive procedure, you should avoid the following:
- Avoid tanning or prolonged exposure for two weeks
- Avoid shaving until the tenderness has subsided
- It is best to avoid showering until 24 hours after your Cellfina procedure – do not take a bath or sit in stagnant water for seven days
9. When will I see the final results of my Cellfina procedure?
Most Cellfina patients will experience swelling for the first one to three weeks after the procedure. This can make it challenging to see your results, but most patients start to notice a noticeable decrease in dimpling by about the 1-month mark.
10. How much does a Cellfina procedure cost in Canada?
The size of the treated area and the number of cellulite dimples determines the cost of the Cellfina treatment. Factors such as your geographic location and your doctor will play into the cost. However, the cost of one Cellfina procedure usually ranges between $4,010 – $6,000+ in Canada.
11. What are the risks associated with a Cellfina procedure?
Cellfina is generally considered safe. However, there are some side effects you should know about. Most side effects are minor and will subside on their own after a few days. Common side effects include:
- minor pain
Although rare, more serious complications can occur. It’s important to contact a medical professional right away if you experience any of these complications:
- an allergic reaction to lidocaine or epinephrine
- fluid buildup under your skin (seromas)
- skin inflammation
- changes to skin color
- skin cell death
- abnormalities on the skin surface
12. Is the Cellfina procedure worth it?
33/63 people who have undergone a Cellfina procedure have rated the procedure “Worth It” (52%)