Dr. Philip Barnsley
MD, FRCSC – Lantzville, BC
Dr. Philip Barnsley is a board-certified plastic surgeon practicing in the central Vancouver Island region. At his plastic surgery and cosmetic dermatology practice, he is pleased to offer patients his knowledge and expertise in a wide range of cosmetic surgical procedures for the face, body, and breast. Dr. Barnsley looks forward to creating individual plans that are patient-focused and designed to make each visit as pleasant and rewarding as possible for every patient.
About Dr. Philip Barnsley
Dr. Barnsley completed eight years of plastic surgery training after receiving early acceptance and graduating from Dalhousie University’s medical school in 2001. He soon after finished his BSc in Biology at the same institute. Dr. Barnsley was accepted into Dalhousie University’s highly sought-after residency program in plastic surgery and during this training, he received acceptance into the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Clinician Investigator Program. During this two-year program, he chose to complete both a research fellowship with the National Cancer Institute of Canada and an MSc in Epidemiology and Community Medicine at the University of Ottawa. Dr. Barnsley spent an additional year in Las Vegas, Nevada, learning and working alongside the renowned plastic surgeon Dr. William Zamboni. This advanced clinical training in breast and aesthetic surgery, as well as in hand and microsurgery, furthered his expertise and skill in the field of plastic surgery. Dr. Barnsley is dedicated to providing premium, effective aesthetic care with specialist-level knowledge and experience. His mission is to help patients achieve the look they want while also giving them the self-confidence they deserve.
- Doctor of Medicine – Dalhousie University
- Bachelor of Science, Biology – Dalhousie University
- Plastic Surgery Residency – Dalhousie University
- Clinician Investigator Program – Royal College of Physicians of Surgeons
- National Cancer Institute Research Fellowship – University of Ottawa
- Master of Science, Epidemiology & Community Medicine – University of Ottawa
- Breast & Aesthetic Surgery + Hand & Microsurgery Fellowship – University of Nevada, School of Medicine
Memberships & Organizations
- Fellow of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Canadian Society for Aesthetic & Plastic Surgery
- Canadian Dermatology Association
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- American Academy of Dermatology
Following his graduation from medical school, Dr. Barnsley and his wide decided to settle on Vancouver Island with their children. Aside from his surgical interests, Dr. Barnsley enjoys skiing, hockey, and challenging himself to be a better mountain biker.
View in Google Maps
Synergy Medical Aesthetics7170 Lantzville Road Lantzville BC V0R 2H0
I just had a procedure done by Dr Barnsley and I am not only extremely happy with the results but was super impressed by the way everyone made me feel at ease during the process. From the consultation to the surgery and the post op appointments. If your looking for a great experience I would highly recommend Dr Barnsley, his nurses and staff
Dream team! Dr. Barnsley and team are a kind and compassionate crew who went above and beyond to make my unique situation a success. They turned surgery, a typically stressful event, into it being a day at the Spa with Hollywood beauty results. 10-stars!!
Had a procedure done by Dr Barnsley – continually impressed with the great staff & caring environment. Was very comfortable from start to finish!
Dr. Barnsley is a very talented surgeon, he is pleasant to deal with, his staff is great. A plus !