Dr. J. Scott Williamson
BSc., MD, FRCS(C), FAC – Kelowna, BC
Dr. J. Scott Williamson's practice is devoted to providing individualized care in all aspects of Aesthetic (Cosmetic) and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery. He focuses on customizing each patient's procedure to achieve their optimal Aesthetic and Functional result. He takes the time to hear and evaluate his patient's concerns and situation, discuss the various options with their various benefits, disadvantages, and recovery, as well as risks and potential complications, so as to devise a personalized care plan. Dr. Williamson strives to help his patients make the best choice for themselves, and if surgery is necessary, he precisely and expertly implements it.
About Dr. J. Scott Williamson
Doctor J. Scott Williamson is a Plastic Surgeon with over 20 years of experience working in Kelowna, British Columbia. He has extensive experience in a full spectrum of Plastic Surgery, with a particular specialization in microvascular surgery and complex reconstruction to restore body form and function and quality of life. In 1985, he earned a B.Sc. in Engineering/Biology (with distinction) from the University of New Brunswick. In 1989, he attained a Doctor of Medicine from Queen’s University, Kingston, Ontario, graduating first in his class. He completed his basic medical training with a rotating Internship at Rockyview General Hospital (University of Calgary) in Calgary, Alberta.
Doctor Williamson underwent residency training in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the University of British Columbia from 1990 to 1995. He obtained the highest standing in Canada upon completing the specialty examinations with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in 1995. In 1996, he was awarded the coveted Ross A. Tilley Memorial Fellowship, Canada’s only Plastic Surgery Fellowship. He then continued his education with advanced fellowship training at the University of British Columbia, the University of Toronto and the University of Western Ontario in London, Ontario, further specializing in Cosmetic Surgery, Cancer Reconstruction and Hand Surgery. In 2000, he completed the American Board of Plastic Surgery Diplomat certification and later attained re-certification in 2009.
- MD – Queens University
- Residency – University of British Columbia
- Fellowship – Ross A. Tilley Memorial Fellowship
Memberships & Organizations
- Fellow – Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (Canada)
- Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons (CSPS)
- Diplomat – American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS)
- American Society for Plastic Surgery (ASPS)
- Canadian Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (CSAPS)
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
- Canadian Society for Surgery of the Hand (MANUS Canada)
- British Columbia Hand Surgery Society
- Group for the Advancement of Microsurgery (Canadian) (GAM)
- American Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery (ASRM)
- Northwest Society of Plastic Surgeons (NWSPS) Past President
- Assistant Clinical Professor – University of British Columbia
View in Google Maps
Kelowna Plastic Surgery401 - 3320 Richter Street Kelowna BC V1W 4V5
Fantastic results for a breast cancer survivor
This review is from Kathy Passmore
I am now 2 months into my recovery, my experience was really good, with a positive experience on my part and I have nothing but praise for this excellent doctor. I am now a breast cancer survivor with a breast reconstruction that is wonderful. I would recommend Dr scott to anyone who is in need of breast surgery
Outstanding surgeon, did a great job on a complex reconstruction of my jaw with part of my fibula. Bedside manner is just fine.