Dr. Amera Murabit
MD, FRCSC – Surrey, BC
Dr. Amera Murabit is a board-certified plastic surgeon from Saskatoon, SK. Dr. Murabit has undergone extensive training and experience in a diverse number of plastic subspecialities, including pediatric, cleft, craniofacial, and cosmetic surgery. She is dedicated to providing outstanding, compassionate care to her patients while making all plastic surgery needs seamless and coordinated.
About Dr. Amera Murabit
Dr. Murabit received her Medical Degree with distinction from the University of Saskatchewan. She then went on to complete a surgical specialty residency in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the University of Alberta, receiving several clinical research awards on top of her recognition of honor as Chief Resident.
Dr. Murabit continued her sub-specialty fellowship training in Pediatric Plastic, Reconstructive and Cleft Surgery at the world-renowned Great Ormond Street Hospital in London, England. She has trained and learned from a variety of experts in areas such as: Microtia & Auricular Reconstruction, Secondary cleft reconstruction, Orthognathic Surgery and Microsurgery, and Craniofacial and Cosmetic Surgery. Dr. Murabit distinguished international training and experience in all aspects of cosmetic and reconstructive surgery, as well as her focus to providing excellent care to her patients, is a few of her great qualities. She values her profession and appreciates the opportunity of being able to work in it. Her passion for plastic and reconstructive surgery has only gotten stronger thanks to all of its difficulties, diversity, and all-encompassing nature.
- Double Major in Anatomy and Mathematics – University of Saskatchewan
- Medical Degree with distinction at the College of Medicine – University of Saskatchewan
- Residency in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery – University of Alberta
- Fellowship in Pediatric Plastic, Reconstructive, and Cleft Surgery – Great Ormond Street Hospital (London, England)
- Fellowship in Craniofacial & Cosmetic Plastic Surgery – Instituto Ivo Pitananguy, University of Rio de Janeiro State Hospital (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
- Fellowship in Secondary Cleft Reconstructive Surgery and Microsurgery – Chang Gung Memorial Hospital (Taipei, Taiwan)
- Fellowship in Microtia & Auricular Reconstruction- Clinique Bizet (Paris, France)
Memberships & Organizations
- Doctors of BC (BCMA)
- College of Physicians & Surgeons of BC (CPS-BC)
- Fellow at the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC)
- Canadian Medical Association (CMA)
- Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA)
- Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons (CSPS)
- The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
Dr. Murabit belongs to several professional associations. Some of these include the Fraser Health Authority’s Surrey Memorial Hospital, Royal Columbian Hospital, and Jim Pattison Outpatient Center, as well as the Canadian Medical Association, which acts as Canada’s national advocate for the highest standards of health and healthcare. She is also connected to numerous international organizations. Dr. Murabit continues to be actively involved in clinical research while also continuing to provide plastic surgery services to underserved populations in places like Palestine, India, Nepal, and Libya.
View in Google Maps
The Plastic Surgery Group at City Centre301-13737 96 Ave Surrey BC V3V 0C6
Dr. Murabit and her staff were excellent! Had both hands operated on for Carpal Tunnel. Dr. Murabit, her staff and therapy providers were top notch. I feel blessed to have had her as my surgeon and will be ever grateful for her expertise.
I was referred to Dr Murabit in the summer of 2020, after an injury to my hand that required a tendon repair surgery. I found Dr Murabit very approachable and she provided me with a thorough explanation of what the surgery and recovery period would look like. I ended up requiring two surgeries on my hand but the end result was great. I have now regained full function of my hand, with very minimal scarring at the site.
Dr. Murabit was fantastic. She walked me through each stop of the process and made sure I was aware of what was going to happen. On the day of my surgery I felt comfortable and safe. My post op care was just as great. There were follow up calls to make sure I was doing ok and to answer any questions I had. I can’t recommend her enough. Dr. Murabit is friendly, professional and excellent at her job. She has an excellent staff to assist her. Thanks again
Dr Murabit is incredible-she removed a tumour in the nerve of my forearm with the cleanest cut I have ever seen. Also, I have 0 nerve damage, which was a potential worry. I’m actually amazed, it’s 6 weeks post surgery and it is already barely noticeable. She is professional, knowledgeable and helpful -she also has a great sense of humour. You are in great hands if you decide to go with Dr. Murabit as your surgeon!